These peanut butter flaxseed dog treats are made with 4 ingredients!
Do your dogs love peanut butter?
All three of our dogs, love peanut butter. And they loved these peanut butter flaxseed dog treats! These treats are made with 4 ingredients. Peanut butter, ground flaxseeds, eggs and flour. That’s all you’ll need to bake a batch for your dogs. With very few ingredients, make a double batch. Cut out shapes and freeze. When you need to bake more treats, just place the frozen treats on a baking sheet and bake. I bake the frozen treats, in preheated 350 F degree oven, for 5 – 10 minutes longer than regular baking time.
Flaxseeds are awesome! Great source of fiber, for us and our pets. I’ve been trying to use up my bag of ground flaxseeds. Making dog treats, is a great way to use them up. For another dog treat recipe, using ground flaxseeds, check out these Spinach Flaxseed Dog Treats. Your dogs, will be so excited to try new homemade treats.
Hennessy, couldn’t wait to get her teeth on this peanut butter flaxseed dog treat!
Peanut Butter Flaxseed Dog Treats
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 cup all purpose flour
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Whisk together the peanut butter and eggs. Add the ground flaxseeds and flour, mix well. Use your hands to form a dough. Flour counter and roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out desired shapes. I used a bone cookie cutter shape for these dog treats. Place on non-stick baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes. Allow to fully cool, before giving to your dogs.
Note: You can place treats in the freezer. Cut out shapes and set on a baking sheet. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer. Once frozen, remove the dog treat dough shapes. Store in a plastic baggie and place back in the freezer. When ready to bake, place frozen treats on a non-stick baking sheet and preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes, or until crunchy.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016