A simple cookie batter with crushed peppermint candies, toasted corn flake cereal, and chocolate Sno-cap candies.
Peppermint Corn Flake Sno-cap Cookies
These cookies are fun and festive. Peppermint and chocolate seem to go well together. A fresh batch of peppermint corn flake Sno-cap cookies are great during candy cane season, and after. You can use up all those left over candy canes, and peppermint candies in your house.
We had a couple packages of Sno-cap candies in the house. Sno-caps are semi-sweet chocolate chips with white nonpareils on top of them. They come in a box, and can be found in the candy aisle at your grocery store. You may have also seen them in the movie theatres.
Peppermint Corn Flake Sno-cap Cookies – Makes 14 (2 Tablespoon cookies)
- 1 stick of butter – softened
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flakes (measure and then crush them)
- 1/4 cup crushed peppermint candies (about 10 small round ones)
- 1 cup Sno-cap candies (grab 2 (3.1 oz) boxes)
Step One: Cream together the softened butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Stir in the baking soda, sea salt, and all-purpose flour.
Step Two: Mix in the crushed corn flakes, the crushed peppermint candies, and Sno-cap candies.
Step Three: Scoop out 2 Tablespoons of dough, and space 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 F degree oven for 8 – 10 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool slightly on baking sheet, before removing.
Notes: I did not chill the dough, so my cookies came out thin. You can scoop out the dough and chill, if desired. You can use regular chocolate chips. You can also bake the cookies at 325 F degrees for 13 minutes.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016