Pumpkin season has arrived and it’s time to add pumpkin to anything you can! I needed to use up some leftover pumpkin from baking my Pumpkin Cream Layer Cake with White Chocolate Pumpkin Frosting. Which is a really delicious cake!
It was also warm out and I needed a nice cool pick-me up drink. I whipped up a nice single serving of pumpkin and banana smoothie with chocolate drizzle! I know it’s a mouth full, but it’s really tasty.
I made this smoothie right before picking up our son, Landon, from school. This recipes makes one good sized serving. Or enough to share with a 5 year old. Let me tell you, he loved this smoothie! He was so excited that I made this pumpkin and banana smoothie, just for him. I think the chocolate drizzle and sprinkles on top, is what sold him. Actually, chocolate sprinkles and the chocolate drizzle is what sold me! They add a little fun factor to the situation.
Sprinkles are just happiness and bring smiles! If you love sprinkles like we do, you should check out my Funfetti Birthday Pretzels. Those are seriously a party waiting to happen!
You could also leave out the sprinkles and chocolate drizzle, if you wanted. Or just add the chocolate sprinkles. It’s still a good smoothie any way you sprinkle it.
It’s pumpkin season and you know you have some pureed pumpkin in the kitchen. You also have some sliced frozen bananas, ready for a smoothie. Go on, make this smoothie for yourself or share some.
The frozen bananas give the smoothie a thick and creamy texture. With just over a handful of ingredients, you can easily make this smoothie. Perfect for an after school snack for the kids.
- 1 banana - frozen chunks
- 1/3 cup pureed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- chocolate syrup - to drizzle
- chocolate sprinkles
- Place the frozen banana chunks, pureed pumpkin, milk, brown sugar, and cinnamon in blender. Blend until nice and smooth. Drizzle chocolate syrup over top and add sprinkles.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016