Our dogs thought that these pumpkin peanut butter dog treats were irresistible! Baked dog treats with creamy peanut butter and healthy pumpkin.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
These freshly baked dog treats can be cooling on your counter today. Made with only a handful of ingredients.
Here’s how you make them:
You’ll start by whisking the shortening, and eggs, together. Followed by adding in the peanut butter, and canned pumpkin (making sure it was labeled 100% pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie filling). After whisking the shortening, eggs, peanut butter, and canned pumpkin together; it’s time to stir in the flour. With a wooden spoon you will stir in the flour until the mixture becomes crumbly. Use your hands to finish mixing, until a ball of dough is formed. Once a dough is formed and holds it shape, it is now ready to be rolled out on a lightly floured surface. The dough can be rolled out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
A small cookie cutter (1 1/2 inches) was used to make the dog treats. Place the treats on a non-stick baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 F degree oven – for 40 minutes. Allow the treats to cool completely, before giving to you dog.
Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats – Makes about 5 1/2 dozen (1 1/2 inch) treats
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Place a large non-stick baking sheet off to the side
Step Two: Whisk together the shortening and eggs. Add in the peanut butter, and pumpkin puree, whisking well.
Step Three: Stir in the flour and mix until the mixture becomes crumbly. Use your hands to form into a dough. Roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness, and cut out treats. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 35 – 40 minutes at 350 F degrees. Allow the treats to cool completely before giving to your dog.
Dog treats can be stored in an air-tight container on the counter.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
Your cute dogs might like these other dog treats made with pumpkin:
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016