A simple pumpkin pie recipe that works great with fresh or canned pumpkin puree.
Homemade pumpkin pie is a favorite in our home, and very simple to make. You just whisk the ingredients together and pour into an unbaked pie shell/crust and bake. I have used this recipe with fresh pumpkin puree, and canned pumpkin. Both types of puree will work fine and create a delicious homemade pie.
The little pie pumpkins, or sugar pumpkins are highly recommended. They have a slightly sweeter taste and a bit darker flesh color (compared to carving pumpkins). Plus, they are easier to work with if you decide to roast your own pumpkins to make the puree. You could use regular pumpkins but keep in mind that the color will vary (especially if you’re used to the darker puree in the cans).
I was able to grow a few small pumpkins in the garden this year. I roasted them to make fresh pumpkin puree. I use the pumpkin puree to blend into my morning tea, I give the dogs a big spoonful in their dry dog food (which they love), I make pumpkin bread recipes, and pumpkin pie. You’ll get a nice flavor from the freshly roasted pumpkin.
Pumpkin Pie – Makes one pie
- 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree (or, 1 (15 oz) can pumpkin puree)
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 unbaked (9 inch) pie crust
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
Step Two: Whisk the pumpkin puree, sweetened condensed milk, egg, softened butter, vanilla, and cinnamon together. Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
Step Three: Bake in the preheated oven for 50 – 60 minutes, or until a knife inserted the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before cutting. Any remaining pie can be stored the refrigerator.
Notes: 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice can be used in place of cinnamon.
Cover the edges of crust halfway through baking to keep from browning too much.
Get in the kitchen and bake memories.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016