Pumpkin seeds taken to a whole new level! Pumpkin seed muddy buddies! Made with roasted pumpkin seeds, a tablespoon of butter or margarine, peanut butter, nutella, vanilla and powdered sugar.
So easy and and makes a great snack. Don’t toss those pumpkin seeds, you’ll want to try this recipe.
My counter was covered in pumpkin seeds, some roasted, some not roasted and some drying. When our son, Landon, came home from school, he was eager to taste what I baked. He grabbed some of the unroasted pumpkin seeds and spit them out. He moved over to the pumpkin seed muddy buddies and loved them! He said these are really good and those over there (unroasted seeds) are not that good.
These are a fun way to eat up all those pumpkin seeds, from your carved pumpkins. We had four large pumpkins this year and two pie pumpkins. We have lots of seeds to use up. I was working on a different recipe, for pumpkin seeds. All of a sudden, muddy buddies just popped into my head. I thought, I would give it a try and see how it could work.
They turned out great! Just a fun and different way to eat your delicious roasted pumpkin seeds.
To make them, you’ll need roasted pumpkin seeds. You can easily roast them at home. Wash and dry your fresh seeds. Place them on a non-stick cookie sheet and bake at 325 F degrees, for 25 – 30 minutes. Let them cool a few minutes and make the muddy buddy part. In a large bowl, add the butter or margarine, peanut butter, and nutella. Melt together in microwave for 30 seconds and stir to combine. Stir in the vanilla. Add the cooled and roasted pumpkin seeds, evenly coat them. Pour the powdered sugar right on top of mixture and stir to cover in powdered sugar. That’s it.
PUMPKIN SEED MUDDY BUDDIES – Makes 2 cups
- 2 cups roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2 heaping Tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup powdered sugar
STEP ONE: If your seeds are already roasted, skip this step. Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Place washed and dried seeds on cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Stir them around once or twice, while baking. Allow to cool.
STEP TWO: In a large bowl, microwave the butter or margarine, peanut butter and nutella, for 30 seconds. Mix together until nice and smooth, add the vanilla and mix again. Add the cooled and roasted pumpkin seeds to your muddy buddy mixture, stir to coat seeds. Once seeds are all coated, mix in the powdered sugar. Mix to coat evenly. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016