Healthy oats, pumpkin spices, a touch of real pumpkin puree, and honey. Scattered with pumpkin seeds, that are peeking through. Make up this delicious fall inspired granola.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
This homemade pumpkin spice granola, is easy to make at home. All the spices you would use for a fresh pumpkin pie, are mixed into this granola. Your kitchen will smell delicious! We love topping our vanilla yogurt with this.
This recipe is kid friendly. With a hint of spices, it won’t be overwhelming for kids. I packed a container with this pumpkin spice granola, and a yogurt carton, for our son’s school snack. He loved it!
Bake an extra pan, and bag it up, to give as a gift!
Here’s what I did:
I preheated the oven to 300 F degrees. I lined a large baking sheet with a non-stick cooking mat, placed to the side. In a mixing bowl, I whisked together the oil, honey, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Stir in all the spices, oats, and pumpkin seeds. I made sure to coat everything well. Spread the granola into the pan, making a thin layer. Baked in the preheated oven for about an hour, stirring and flipping every 15 minutes. The granola should bake into a nice golden brown color.
Pumpkin Spice Granola
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (hulled/shelled)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups quick oats
Step One: Preheat the oven to 300 F degrees. Whisk together the canola oil, honey, pumpkin puree, and brown sugar. Stir in the cloves, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, pumpkin seeds, and oats. Make sure to coat everything well.
Step Two: Pour the granola mixture, onto a baking pan. Spread the granola out in a thin layer. Bake in the preheat oven for an hour. Stir the granola around, every 15 minutes. Allow the granola to cool completely. Store in an air-tight container, or plastic baggie.
Note: If the weather is humid and rainy, you may need to bake the granola for an additional 15 minutes.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016