Ripe raspberries get baked into each scone. A sweet, pink glaze gets draped over top. Bursting with REAL raspberry flavor! Creating the perfect treat for breakfast, or brunch.
Made with white whole wheat flour.
Raspberry Cream Scones, for breakfast!
This recipe has no butter, or oil. Heavy cream, and cream cheese, takes their place. Producing a moist, and creamy textured scone. Fresh, or frozen raspberries can be used. I had frozen raspberries, and used those.
How gorgeous would these raspberry cream scones be at the breakfast table? With their naturally vibrant, red color. Any raspberry lover would grab for one.
I needed to use up 4 ounces of cream cheese, and left-over heavy cream. I also, have bags of raspberries in the freezer. I was thinking of a way to use all those ingredients. I decided to try and bake them into scones. It worked, and they’re delicious. That’s how, I came up with the recipe.
Raspberry Cream Scones – Makes 8 regular scones. Or, 16 small scones.
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries (mashed)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon honey
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a small mixing bowl, cream the heavy cream, softened cream cheese, egg and vanilla. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the sugar, both flours, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add the creamed mixture, into the blended flour mixture. Add in the raspberries. Stir to combine and form a dough. You can use your hands.
Step Two: For 8 scones – Once a dough has been formed, flour the counter. Place the dough onto the floured surface. Pat the dough down with your hands, and shape into a large circle. Flatten to 1/2 inches. Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Place the wedges on a non-stick baking sheet, 2 inches apart. Bake in preheated oven, for 26 -28 minutes. Or until the middle is no longer doughy. Cool on baking sheet. Follow step 3, for glaze.
For 16 scones – Once a dough has been formed, divide it in half. Flour the counter. Place one half of the dough on the floured counter. Pat down the dough with your hands, and shape into a circle (5 in. x 5 in). Cut the circle into 8 wedges. Place on a non-stick baking sheet, 1 1/2 inches apart. Repeat with remaining half of dough. Bake in preheated oven, for 14 minutes. Cool on baking sheet. Follow step 3, for glaze.
Step Three: In a small mixing bowl, combine the mashed raspberries, honey and powdered sugar. Mix to form a glaze. Spread each scone with a small amount of glaze. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016