This raspberry smoothie has been my breakfast all week. I needed a break from eating these “Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies”, from my birthday earlier this week. Which are really good!
My raspberry bushes have been producing tons of raspberries! I’ve been freezing these little beauties, so they won’t go bad. I have two bags full of frozen raspberries. It’s so exciting to go out in your own garden and pluck fresh raspberries from the bushes. Plus, we’ve all been recovering from colds, this last week. This raspberry smoothie is very soothing on my sore throat.
I was so excited when I picked up our son, Landon, from school. He told me that he received a blue “bucket slip” from school. He helped clean up a mess in the cafeteria and was nice to other classmates. Getting a blue bucket slip, is a big deal in kindergarten. The school’s motto, is to become a “bucket filler” not a “bucket dipper”.
They use color coded slips to reinforce any good behavior. Blue is excellent, green is great, yellow isn’t very good and red is bad. If they receive a blue slip and get five hole punches in the blue slip, they get to pick a prize from the treasure chest. Landon was so excited and told me as soon as he saw me. I was so proud of him! For his good behavior, he can have a delicious raspberry smoothie!
Landon and I, were outside picking some more fresh raspberries and he did something funny. Every time he picked off a raspberry he would ask, “Is this one good, how about this one?” I would say, “yes, that’s a good one.” All of a sudden it was quiet and I looked down at Landon. I asked, ” What are you doing buddy?” He replied, “How does this go back on?” Landon was concentrating very hard and determined. He picked an unripe raspberry and was trying to stick it back on the bush. He wanted it to get ripe for tomorrow, so he could pick it again. Too cute!
- 1 banana -frozen chunks
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 (5.3 oz) greek yogurt (any flavor) - I used cherry
- 1/2 cup 100% berry juice
- Blend ingredients together until nice and smooth.
- Enjoy. Makes 1 serving
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories! In this case, blend up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016