We love smoothies! Let the kids help make this fun “monster” smoothie today! Tastes great and it’s great for them!
It makes the perfect “back to school” pick me up!
We’re big on smoothies in our house. I actually didn’t start making them until our son, Landon, was born. I wanted to provide him with healthy options for snacks! He loves this smoothie!
He helped name this smoothie and was really excited to make it! I had to make another batch of this, refreshing green monster smoothie because he wanted more! Packed with healthy ingredients, I didn’t hesitate to make more!
This recipe is enough for 2 servings. Feel free to double it. Let’s get started!
Measure out your strawberries, spinach, berry juice, and bananas. We used frozen strawberries and spinach.
Pour the juice into blender. Kids love pouring things!
Add the bananas. Let the kids use a butter knife to chop the banana in pieces. They’ll be quiet for a few minutes, concentrating on this task! Go ahead and let them do it. Add the spinach and strawberries. Blend all the ingredients until nice and smooth. All done!
Adding spinach to smoothies is really refreshing. Spinach has a very mild taste and this little “monster” knows that spinach is really good for him. Adding the spinach helps to give the kids their “greens”, and sometimes you have to sneak it in their diet!
My little “Monster” was ready to sip up this refreshing “green monster” smoothie!
Drink up little monster, drink up!
- 1 cup frozen quartered strawberries - ( fresh would be fine, too)
- 1 cup frozen spinach - (fresh would be fine, too)
- 1 cup 100% berry blend juice
- 2 bananas sliced into chunks
- Measure out ingredients. Have them ready to go.
- Place all ingredients into blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- If using fresh strawberries, you can quarter them and place on baking sheet in freezer. Allow to freeze 20 minutes.
So, get the kids in the kitchen and blend up this refreshing green monster smoothie! It’ll be a “monster” good time! Have fun and make some smiles!
This is one happy little green monster! Look at that little green mustache!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016