These are called sausage party balls, because they make enough for a party! I’ve never made sausage balls before and had a craving for them. A popular recipe for sausage balls, calls for pancake mix or a baking mix. I didn’t have any and normally don’t keep it on hand, that often. So, I made my own recipe. The ingredients are very basic and you will have them in your house. They came out good. I do recommend using a seasoned ground sausage, which will add flavor. They do take a little arm work to mix all the ingredients together. You have to squish them and form into balls. They will look cute all lined up on the baking sheet.
I made a batch of my Easy Salsa over the weekend and reheated some sausage balls to dip in the salsa. They tasted great dipped in the salsa! It was like a bite sized breakfast bake. Very tasty.
Great for breakfast, brunch and as appetizers. You could have a few different dipping sauces to have along side these sausage party balls. These are made with white whole wheat flour, too.
Sausage Party Balls
- 1 egg
- 1 lb. ground seasond sausage – uncooked
- 3 cups shredded cheese
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter *optional (this can be used to brush over the cooked sausage party balls)
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees. Grab two large baking sheets and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the baking powder, salt, pepper and both flours. Set the flour mixture to the side. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg until nice and frothy. Add the uncooked ground sausage and shredded cheese to the frothy egg. Use your clean hands and mash up and blend them all together.
STEP TWO: Add the flour mixture to the sausage mixture and mix everything up with your hands. You’ll have to really work the flour mixture into the sausage mixture. The mixture will have a moist crumble and hold its shape when squished together. Start to form golf ball sized sausage party balls and place on the baking sheets. You’re able to place them fairly close together on the baking sheet.
STEP THREE: Once all sausage party balls have been formed, place in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet.
*Optional – You can brush the melted butter over the sausage party balls while still warm.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016