This is one seriously healthy, or “skinny” batch of muffins. Made with white whole wheat flour, and only 1 Tablespoon of oil! These muffins have the right amount of sweetness. And.. they’re moist too!
No guilt… With these skinny double chocolate banana muffins!
You can feel good about these muffins:
- You get to use those 3 ripe bananas, sitting on the counter!
- These are made with all white whole wheat flour. Which makes the muffins tender.
- The entire batch has 1 Tablespoon of oil. That means, very low fat.
- Very easy to whip up.
- Mini chocolate chips are mixed in the batter, and tossed on top of muffins.
- Great snack, for the kids!
Very tasty, fresh and warm from the oven… Yum! We like to heat them in the microwave, for 15 seconds.
Let’s bake some today!
Since the ingredients for these muffins are very basic, you can have them ready quick. I made them in 1 bowl. I mashed the bananas, in a large mixing bowl. Whisked in an egg, vanilla, oil, and milk. Whisk together, until fully combined. Add in some brown sugar, whisk again. Pour in the dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk everything together, making sure all the ingredients are incorporated well. Stir in, 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. Evenly, divide batter into 12 greased muffin tins. Toss the remaining 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, over each muffin, before baking.
Skinny Double Chocolate Banana Muffins – Makes 12 muffins
- 3 ripe bananas – mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/3 cup milk (I used whole milk)
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips + 2 Tablespoons (for topping)
Step One: Grease 12 muffin tins, or line with baking cups. Preheat the oven to 400 F degrees. Mash the bananas in a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg, vanilla, oil, and milk. Whisk together, until fully combined. Add in the brown sugar, whisk well. Incorporate the dry ingredients: white whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, pinch of salt, and cocoa powder. Whisk all the ingredients together, to form a batter.
Step Two: Stir in, 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips. Evenly, divide batter into 12 greased muffin tins. Toss the remaining 2 Tablespoons of mini chocolate chips, over each muffin, before baking. Bake at 400 F degrees, for 10 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 F degrees, and bake for 13 – 15 minutes. Or until a toothpick, comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes, and remove to a wire rack. Can be stored in container, on the counter, for 2 days. For longer storage, store in the refrigerator.
*For warm muffins: Place in the microwave for 15 -20 seconds.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016