You get two soft baked skillet oatmeal cookies to share!
Baked in two 6 inch skillet pans. Topped with an easy frosting and of course…Sprinkles! How could you go wrong with a big, soft baked cookie? A perfect dessert to share with your special someone, for date night. Or… you and some good friends could grab a few spoons and dig in. I was lucky enough to share with my 5 year old little guy. We topped ours with some ice cream. It was delicious!
Here they are without any frosting. They look great without it, too.
Anyone in the mood for soft baked skillet oatmeal cookies?
This recipe uses 1/4 cup of softened butter and 1/4 cup of applesauce. Add the brown sugar and vanilla. One egg, goes into the butter mixture. Now the dry ingredients: baking soda, salt, cinnamon, white whole wheat flour and quick oats. That’s all you need. Grease or oil the skillets and bake for 16 – 18 minutes, in an oven preheated at 350F degrees.
Soft Baked Skillet Oatmeal Cookies – Makes two 6 inch skillets
- 1/4 cup very soft butter (4 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour (all-purpose will work)
- 1 cup quick oats
Step one: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Grease or oil two 6 inch skillet pans, set aside. Cream the very soft butter and brown sugar together. Add the vanilla extract and applesauce into creamed butter, combine well. Whisk the egg into the creamed mixture. Add in the dry ingredients: baking soda, salt, cinnamon, flour and oats. Mix well and evenly divide the batter into the two greased 6 inch skillets. Bake in preheated oven for 16 -18 minutes. Allow to cool. Quick and easy frosting recipe is listed below.
Quick and Easy Frosting:
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extrat
Step one: Mix ingredients together to form a frosting. Spread on soft baked skillet oat cookies. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016