A fresh batch of soft snickerdoodles, are easy to make at home. No chilling required, so you can have warm and soft, cinnamon sugar cookies in no-time!
*Note: I used White Whole Wheat Flour, which is a milder and lighter wheat flour. Can be found in the flour aisle at most grocery stores.
Cute little cinnamon-sugar balls of dough. Ready to get baked in the oven. (The dough is pretty tasty, too!)
Since these cookies are made a little lighter, by using less butter and sugar. You’ll need to gently press the cookie dough balls down, before baking.
Soft Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles
I have never been a big snickerdoodle cookie fan. It was never my cookie of choice. BUT… These have changed my mind! I loved these adorable cookies, covered in cinnamon-sugar! They bake up soft and full of flavor. My husband, son, and I, couldn’t stop eating them! So GOOD!
The entire batch has 1 stick of softened butter, and 1/2 cup of sugar. Let’s not forget about the white whole wheat flour. So you don’t have to feel guilty when you eat half the batch. (*smile*) I was able to get 2 dozen (1 Tablespoon) cookies. The recipe is so easy, you can double it.
Soft Whole Wheat Snickerdoodles – Makes 2 dozen (1 Tablespoon) cookies
- 1 stick softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tarter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Cinnamon and sugar mixture:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Step One: Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. In a large mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar. Crack in the egg and vanilla, mix well. Stir in the cream of tarter, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix in the white whole wheat flour and the all purpose flour. Mix until a dough forms.
Step Two: Form dough into 1 Tablespoon balls. Set aside. Mix together the cinnamon and sugar, in a small dish. Roll the balls into the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Place on a non-stick cookie sheet, 2 inches apart. Gently press down each cookie, before baking. Bake in preheated oven for 9 – 10 minutes. (You can roll the baked cookies in any remaining cinnamon and sugar mixture.)
Get in the kitchen, and bake memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016