Spinach flaxseed dog treats, are dog approved!
These treats are very easy to make, for your special fur-babies. Just six basic ingredients are used in this recipe. You’ll need: spinach, ground flaxseeds, bacon grease, an egg, water and flour. You can see the pretty flecks of green, from the spinach. They look very fancy! My dogs really loved these treats. It’s a nice little healthy boost, in treat form. No additives or preservatives here. All natural ingredients, that you can feel good about.
Warning: May cause dogs to watch your every move…
My dogs couldn’t wait to get their paws on some. Here’s Duke, watching the treats on the pan.
If you look closely, you can see a little Yorkie. That’s Pepper, peeking from under the table. Just watching.
And this is Hennessy. She just walked in from the doggie door.
Spinach and Flaxseeds for your dog.
Spinach is very healthy for us and our dogs. Spinach contains: Iron, fiber, vitamins and minerals that help your dogs entire body. Spinach will provide antioxidants for them, too. Spinach is known to have anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties, to benefit your dog’s health.
Flaxseeds are another great benefit for a dogs health. They help with your dogs skin and fur. Flaxseeds also have anti-inflammatory benefits, which can help dogs joints.
So.. these are just a batch of “superfood” in treat form, for your dogs.
Spinach Flaxseed Dog Treats
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 2 Tablespoons bacon grease – room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Whisk together the bacon grease, egg and water. Add in the chopped spinach, ground flaxseeds and flour. Mix until a dough forms, use your hands. This dough will be a little tough, just keep mixing with your hands. Flour counter and roll out dough, to a 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out shapes and place on baking sheet. (I used the rim of a plastic shot glass, to cut out circle shapes.) Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes. Allow to fully cool, before giving to your dog.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016