Strawberries and bananas combine and create these healthy strawberry banana muffins.
Don’t toss out those ripe and squishy strawberries! Puree them with that lonely ripened banana, sitting on the counter. Use the pureed fruit to bake up these strawberry banana muffins. Topped with a healthy crumb topping. Our 5 year old son, enjoyed these muffins! He asked to take one to school all week long, for his snack. He told me that they were delicious muffins. I made a second batch of muffins and he picked a muffin that had a strawberry chunk. He made it very clear to me, that he didn’t like the strawberry piece in his muffin. Note to self: Make sure to puree strawberries until perfectly smooth.
This recipe make 6 muffins.
I pureed one cup of sliced strawberries, one ripe banana and one Tablespoon of milk. Almost like you’re making a smoothie. Cream together the softened butter and sugar. Add in the egg and vanilla, mix well. Stir in the fruit puree and stir to combine with the creamed mixture. Sift in the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Stir together until the flour is fully incorporated. Pour batter into 6 lined muffin tins. Prepare the crumb topping: Mix together the oats, brown sugar, flour, ground flax seeds and softened butter. Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping over the muffins, before baking.
Strawberry Banana Muffins- Makes 6 muffins
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 2 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon of softened butter
- 3 Tablespoons old fashioned oats (quick oats will work)
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 Tablespoon brown sugar
STEP ONE: Preheat the oven to 450 F degrees. Line 6 muffins tins with liners, set aside. Puree the strawberries, banana and milk, until smooth. Set the fruit puree to the side. In a medium mixing bowl, cream the softened butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and egg, mix well. Pour the pureed fruit into the creamed mixture and stir together. Sift in the flour, baking soda and baking powder to the mixture. Stir until the flour is fully combined. Pour into the lined muffin tins.
STEP TWO: Prepare the crumb topping: In a small mixing bowl, combine all the crumb topping ingredients. Use a fork or your fingers to mix together the ingredients. You should have a moist crumbly mixture. Evenly distribute the crumb topping over the tops. Bake in preheated oven of 450F degrees for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes, turn heat down to 350 F degrees and bake for 11 – 12 minutes. (Don’t open the oven door or remove the muffins from the oven, when turning down the heat.)
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016