Your favorite sugar cookies get a NEW look! Sugar cookies in stick form, with a simple glaze. And…of course sprinkles!
Hello, my sprinkled, glazed beauties!
Sugar Cookie Sticks
These adorable cookies get baked all at once! No need for chilling. No rolling pin needed. You press the sugar cookie dough into a 15x10x1 inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 F degree oven for 18 minutes. Slice into 1 inch sticks. Allow the cookies to completely cool, before adding the glaze. Drizzle the glaze over the sugar cookie sticks and top with sprinkles.
Such a quick and easy dessert to make for parties! These sugar cookie sticks baked up soft, slightly delicate, and very tasty! They’re very easy on the eyes, too.
Dress up your dessert table with these!
Luckily, I took them to a family reunion to share. Because… Landon and I, couldn’t stop eating them!
Sugar Cookie Sticks – Makes over 2 dozen sticks (28 sticks)
- 1 cup softened butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
Step One: Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch baking pan with parchment paper, set aside. Whisk together the softened butter and sugar. Add in the vanilla and eggs, whisk well. Stir in the corn starch, baking powder, and salt. Combine the flour into the creamed mixture. Stir together until all the flour is thoroughly mixed, and a dough has formed.
Step Two: Evenly, press the sugar cookie dough into the 15x10x1 inch baking pan. (The cookie dough will cover the entire pan. Just keep pressing the dough evenly into the whole pan.) Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes. The edges will get lightly golden. Allow to cool in the pan.
Step Three: Once the pan of cookies cooled, slice them in the pan. Make the first slice across the middle, widthwise (each cookie stick will be 5 inches tall). Then slice 1 inch slices, for each cookie stick.
For the Glaze – Mix together the powdered sugar, and water until combined. Drizzle over the sugar cookie sticks, while still in the pan. Top with sprinkles. Allow the glaze to set up.
TIP: A fork or a spoon, can be used to drizzle the glaze. Scoop up some of the glaze and go back and forth over the pan of sliced sugar cookie sticks. Repeat, until all the glaze is gone.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
* For more recipes using sprinkles click here –> SPRINKLES
* For more cookie recipes click here –> COOKIES
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016