An easy, sweet cornbread recipe. It’s light, moist, golden yellow, and slightly crumbly. Great along side, any dinner!
* The entire batch has only 2 Tablespoons, of melted butter.
I have always been a huge fan of cornbread. Our son, Landon, is also a big fan of cornbread. We can polish off, half a pan in no-time! I like to spread butter on top, right out of the oven. A drizzle of honey, doesn’t hurt. My mom, makes a delicious cornbread stuffing. I love that stuff!
This recipe comes together so fast. I mix all the ingredients into one bowl. Stir and combine well.
Pass me the cornbread, please…
Truth: I had the cornbread recipe, to our liking. But… I had to keep making fresh cornbread, over a 4 week period, to get these pictures. I just wasn’t happy with any of the pictures. This round of pictures, turned out better. ( Plus, we kept eating it all!)
Here’s a picture, of the first batch of this sweet cornbread.
Looking for a kid-friendly, family meal? Check out my, “Kid Friendly Crock-Pot Chili.” It goes perfect with this sweet cornbread recipe!
Sweet Cornbread – Makes an 8 x 8 inch pan.
- 2 Tablespoons cooled, melted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cornmeal ( I used fine ground)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F Degrees. Spray an 8 x 8 inch pan, with non-stick cooking spray. Or, line with foil. Set the prepared pan, off to the side. In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients. Whisk the melted butter, milk, egg, baking powder, pinch of salt, sugar, corn meal and flour together. Make sure, all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Use a rubber spatula, to scrape into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven, for 20 minutes.
Spread the top of the cornbread with butter, before serving. Honey is optional.
Get in the kitchen, and bake memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016