A light and fresh coleslaw, that gets it’s sweetness from crushed pineapple. No mayo, makes it a great side dish for summer gatherings. Very figure friendly!
Made with very few ingredients. If you like pineapple, you’ll enjoy this coleslaw. A helping of this coleslaw would go great with grilled chicken, and grilled sweet corn. Sounds like the perfect summer meal!
Sweet Pineapple Coleslaw:
My husband gave this coleslaw a thumbs up! I made a crock-pot chicken, roasted asparagus, crescent rolls, and this sweet pineapple coleslaw, for dinner. I was surprised that he liked it! He normally doesn’t like fruity dishes. I really enjoyed this coleslaw, too. It was light, crispy, crunchy, slightly sweet, and easy to make. We went back for seconds, on this one.
Looking for a simple dish to take to a BBQ? Well… here you go. It doesn’t have any mayo, or salad dressing. So you don’t have to stress about it being outdoors. It’s a great make-ahead dish for any lunch, or dinner occasion.
For another easy side dish, check out my Sweet Cornbread recipe. Baked from scratch!
Sweet Pineapple Coleslaw
- 1 (14 oz.) bag of coleslaw mix
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 2 Tablespoons vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
Step One: In a large mixing bowl, pour the can of crushed pineapple (with juice), vinegar, and sugar together. Mix together. Add in the bag of coleslaw, and toss in the pineapple mixture. Sprinkle the salt and pepper to taste. Toss the coleslaw again. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator. When ready to serve, toss the coleslaw before serving. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016