Do you love cake batter? If so… you need to stick around! Vanilla cake batter biscotti, are full of cake batter flavor! Packed with lots of sprinkles, too! Who doesn’t love sprinkles?
Okay…let’s talk about, vanilla cake batter biscotti.
Biscotti are pretty easy to make and they taste great with coffee, tea and a glass of milk. I made a batch of these and was able to share, with one of our neighbors. This delicious batch of biscotti, has vanilla cake batter, sprinkles and whole wheat white flour, baked in them. They get dipped, in melted vanilla candy coating. And topped with more, sprinkles!
A quick, “how to” on making biscotti.
The process for making biscotti starts off the same as any cookie recipe. You make a cookie dough and instead if scooping out cookie dough balls, you will form the dough into two loaves. Roughly 11 – 15 inches long and 3 – 4 inches wide. Leave plenty of space in between the loaves, they will puff up and spread out. Use a non-stick cooking mat.
Bake the the loaves for 25 minutes and allow to slightly cool. Then slice the loaves into 3/4 inch slices, with a serrated knife.
Lay the biscotti cookies on their sides and bake for 11 minutes. Flip them and bake another 11 minutes. You want a dry cookie that will hold up to being dunked into hot beverages. After the baking process, allow to completely cool. Then dip or spread melted vanilla candy coating on the tops or bottoms of the biscotti. Sprinkle on the sprinkles and let the candy coating dry.
That’s it! Reward yourself, for your work in the kitchen. And share with friends!
For more sprinkle action, check out my FunFetti Birthday Pretzels! They are soft, sweet, fluffy and packed with sprinkles too!
Vanilla Cake Batter Biscotti – Makes 2 dozen
- 4 Tablespoons salted butter – softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup vanilla cake mix – dry
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup spinkles
- 6 – 8 oz vanilla candy coating – almond bark
- additional sprinkles for tops
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Get out a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking mat, set aside. Cream together, the butter and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla, mix well. Stir in the baking powder, flours, and cake mix. Gently, stir in the sprinkles.
STEP TWO: Form the dough into two loaves. The loaves should be roughly 11 – 15 inches long and 3 – 4 inches wide. Leave plenty of space in between the loaves, they will puff up and spread. Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Once the 25 minutes is up, allow the loaves to cool enough to handle. Slice the loaves into 3/4 inch slices. Place cut biscotti’s on their sides and bake for 11 minutes. Flip them and bake another 11 minutes. Allow to fully cool.
STEP THREE: Melt, the vanilla candy coating and dip or spread, onto the cooled biscotti cookies. Immediately, add sprinkles on top and allow to dry.
Get in the kitchen and Bake Up Some Memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016