Sweet and tangy flavors from white chocolate lime scones.
We bought some limes, to cut up and add to our adult beverages. I had the taste to bake something with the limes. I thought about white chocolate being included on the lime decision baking. So these white chocolate lime scones came about and are pretty delicious. They’re baked with white whole wheat flour and topped with a sweet lime glaze. The glaze gets an extra flavor boost from lime zest. Makes for a perfect treat with your hot morning beverage.
You get whole wheat goodness with sweet white chocolate pieces in the scone. As you bite into the scone, the sweet, yet tangy glaze hits your tongue and you have to take another bite. The white chocolate and lime flavor is a good one.
Look at those pretty flecks of lime zest, in the icing!
Games and hot chocolate…
On our way home from school, our 5 year old son explains a game he wants to play. He likes to make up cute games. He always has specific rules that enables him to win. We had some snow and he wants to have a snowball fight. He does not want to be on my team. He wants me to help him make all his snowballs. Go back to my side and make my own snowballs and have a snowball fight. When he runs out of snowballs, I need to help him make more.
I ended up talking him into sledding down a hill instead. Then going inside for hot chocolate. He paused and asked, “Can I have marshmallows in my hot chocolate?”
I replied, “Of course you can.”
White Chocolate and Lime Scones
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
- rind of two limes (save 1 teaspoon for glaze)
- juice of two limes (save 2 Tablespoons for glaze)
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup butter – (4 Tablespoons) cubed and cold
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon lime rind
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon softened butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
STEP ONE: Preheat oven to 350F degrees. In a small mixing bowl whisk together the egg, milk, vanilla, lime zest (save 1 teaspoon for glaze) and lime juice (save 2 tablespoons for glaze) together. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Once the dry ingredients are combined, add the cubed butter. With a pastry cutter or fork, cut in the cold cubed butter into the flour. Add the wet ingredients: (egg, milk, vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice). Stir everything together and form a dough. Toss in the white chocolate chips. Use your hands and knead for a minute.
STEP TWO: Flour your work surface, place dough on floured surface and lightly flour the top of dough. Roll out the dough to a high 1/2 inch thickness. Use a biscuit cutter or the rim of a glass to cut out round scones. Place on a non-stick cooking mat on top of cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven for 13 – 15 minutes.
STEP THREE: Prepare glaze: In a small mixing bowl, place all the glaze ingredients in bowl and mix. Keep mixing until no lumps remains. Allow the scones to fully cool and lightly spread the glaze of the tops of scones. The glaze needs 10 minutes to dry.
Get in the kitchen and bake some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016