This whole wheat pumpkin zucchini bread combines the flavors from the end of Summer, and the beginning of Fall. But can be enjoyed anytime of the year.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Zucchini Bread
With Summer winding down, I still have plants in the garden producing zucchini. I planted sweet peas with the zucchini this year. I read that beans and peas make good companion plants for zucchini. The zucchini plants were very happy in the garden this Summer. No complaints from me! We have been eating a lot of different zucchini breads. And this recipe is a tasty one that is loaded with healthy goodness.
This recipe uses white whole wheat flour, which is milder than regular whole wheat. You’ll get all the same health benefits when baking with white whole wheat flour. I often bake with this flour and the end result is great! I recommend sifting the flour, to help keep the bread light and fluffy. When you sift white whole wheat flour you will have a small amount of bran pieces (since it’s such a very little amount, I add it back into the batter). So, be sure to sift your flour.
If your zucchini is very watery, feel free to squeeze out some of the juices.
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Zucchini Bread – Makes 2 loaves (8×4 inch size)
- 6 Tablespoons butter – melted
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour – sifted
- 1 cup all purpose flour – sifted
Step One: Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees. Grease 2 loaf pans, set aside. Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar. Whisk in the eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
Step Two: Stir in the grated zucchini. Add in the cinnamon, sea salt, baking soda, baking powder, and both flours. Stirring until everything is fully combined.
Step Three: Evenly divide the batter into greased loaf pans. Place the pans on a baking sheet and place into the preheated oven. Bake at 325 F degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
All-purpose flour can be used in place of white whole wheat flour.
You can also bake the bread @ 350 F degrees for 45 – 50 minutes.
Get in the kitchen and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016