This zucchini bread is very simple to whip-up. Each slice will have flecks of green, beautifully shredded peels of zucchini peeking through. With the addition of lemon zest to perk up the natural flavors. A dash of cinnamon is added to the batter for a hint of warmth. Rounding out the flavors for a delicious quick bread, fresh from your oven.
Zucchini is the ultimate summer crop from our gardens. It’s such a strong and happy plant. With all the zucchini growing in the garden – that means lots of zucchini bread! A beautiful quick bread from the garden to the table. And here’s a recipe that we LOVE to make! One loaf, fresh out of the oven doesn’t have a chance. We dig in and eat slice after slice!
We eat this zucchini bread all day, until it’s gone.
This recipe makes 2 loaves – one for now and one for later. Or, you can gently wrap the second loaf and give to someone special in your life (family member, friends, co-workers, neighbor, play-date parent, dog sitter, the mail person, or anyone that needs a little extra sunshine in their day).
Zucchini Bread – Makes 2 (8 x 4 inch) loaf pans
- 4 Tablespoons of butter – melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 cups grated zucchini – (do not squeeze out)
- 3 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour works fine too)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
Step One: Preheat the oven to 325 F degrees. Grease two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans, set aside. Grate 4 cups of zucchini into a bowl. Grate 1 teaspoon of lemon zest and place off to the side in a small dish.
Step Two: Melt the butter in a large microwave safe mixing bowl. Add in the brown sugar and mix well. Whisk in the eggs. Add the lemon zest and grated zucchini, stir well.
Step Three: Stir in the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon. Making sure all the ingredients have become fully combined. Pour the zucchini bread batter evenly into prepared loaf pans (use a spatula to scrape out the bowl). Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour 15 minutes (Start checking the bread around 55 minutes – use a knife to insert into the middle of bread and if the knife comes out clean, then the bread is done.)
- I have made this recipe with white whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour with great results.
- Remember every oven is different, so check your bread near the 55 minute mark.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016