This recipe for a moist and fluffy cake, is made with freshly grated zucchini. Comes together fast, and will disappear just as quick! Spread on your favorite vanilla frosting, and dig in!
We still have zucchini growing in the garden! I peeled and grated our home grown zucchini. I squeezed out the excess juices/liquid from all of the grated zucchini. I measured out 1 cup of grated zucchini, and stored it in snack size baggies. I lay them flat in the freezer for storage. We have zucchini ready to be baked with, all year long. This was one of our favorite ways to use up the zucchini.
Here’s what I did:
I peeled and grated the zucchini, and squeezed out the juices/liquid ( I grabbed a handful and squeezed with my hands). I melted 1 stick of butter and mixed with sugar, for 1 minute. I added eggs, mixed for another minute. I stirred in the zucchini. I sifted in the salt, baking powder, baking soda, and all-purpose flour. Mix until all the dry ingredients are fully incorporated. I spread the batter into a greased 8 x 8 inch pan (I used glass). Bake in a preheated 350 F oven, for 45 minutes.
A delicious treat to make when the kids come home from school. A little boost for all that homework that needs to be done!
Zucchini Cake – Makes an 8 x 8 inch pan
- 1 stick of butter – melted
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups peeled and grated zucchini – squeezed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour – sifted
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. Lightly spray, an 8 x 8 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine the melted butter and sugar, mix together for 1 minute. Add in the eggs, mix for another minute. Stir in the squeezed and grated zucchini. Sift in the salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Mix until the dry ingredients are fully incorporated.
Step Two: Pour the zucchini cake batter into the prepared 8 x 8 inch pan. Spread out the batter. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. Allow to fully cool, and top with your favorite vanilla frosting. Enjoy!
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories!
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016