FRESH grated zucchini is turned into a new favorite dog treat! Made with only 3 ingredients! Save that bacon grease and grab those zucchini’s from the garden. Time to make treats for your furry family members!
3 Ingredient Zucchini Dog Treats
My garden has been over flowing with fresh zucchini. Which are very easy to grow. I’ve been baking up different ways to use these green beauties. After recipe testing with a HUGE freshly picked zucchini. I had half left over. For some reason, my dogs were staring at me. Then… an idea hit me! I decided to make a new dog treat recipe. I’m so glad it worked and the dogs seriously LOVED these treats!
Made with 3 ingredients! How awesome is that?
Fresh baked treats with homegrown produce straight out of the garden. Dog approved and easy to make!
A great way to use up your zucchini, and get your dog to eat their vegetables!
Zucchini Dog Treats – Makes 1 dozen (3 1/2 inch bone shaped treats)
- 1/4 cup bacon grease (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 cups all purpose flour
Step One: Preheat the oven to 350 F degrees. In a medium-large mixing bowl, combine all three ingredients. Stir together until a soft dough forms. Use your hands to knead dough together (it will come together, just keep mixing). Flour the counter very well. Place the dough mixture onto floured surface. Sprinkle flour on top of the dough, and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Use desired cutter to cut out shapes.
Step Two: Place on a non-stick baking sheet. Prick each dog treat with a fork. Bake in the preheated oven for 45 – 50 minutes. Allow the treats to cool completely, before giving to your pet.
Can be stored in the treat jar on the counter.
Get in the kitchen, and bake up some memories! Your dogs will be happy that you did.
You might also like:
- Easy Milk Bone Dog Treats – 3 ingredients (with video) - August 18, 2017
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies (with video) - July 28, 2017
- Healthy No-Bake Peanut Butter Bars - June 13, 2017
- Pumpkin Bone Broth Dog Treats - May 26, 2017
- Gluten Free Funfetti Banana Bread (with video) - April 18, 2017
- Bone Broth Dog Treats (with video) - March 17, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Brownies (with video) - February 10, 2017
- Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Chocolate Chunk Cookies - January 20, 2017
- Easy Homemade Buttery Caramels - December 2, 2016
- Pumpkin Pie - November 18, 2016